The redevelopment of Garden Square Shopping Centre is being undertaken by Sloane Projects Limited (A Martin Property Group company) and comprises of three elements; a complete redevelopment of Commerce House, the demolition and rebuilding of 23-25 Leys Avenue and a new build on Leys Square, adjacent to WHSmith. Completion expected Q2 2020.
The redevelopment will provide:
- 46 high quality one and two bedroom apartments
- 2 new retail units
- An active frontage to both Leys Square and Commerce Way
- A complete refurbishment to the external fabric of Commerce House
- The creation of an enhanced gateway entrance to the shopping centre, appropriate to a modern shopping environment
- A design that is complimentary to the heritage of Letchworth