The redevelopment of Garden Square Shopping Centre is being undertaken by Sloane Projects Limited (A Martin Property Group company) and comprises of three elements; a complete redevelopment of Commerce House, the demolition and rebuilding of 23-25 Leys Avenue and a new build on Leys Square, adjacent to WHSmith.
The redevelopment will provide:
- 46 high quality one and two bedroom apartments
- 2 new retail units
- An active frontage to both Leys Square and Commerce Way
- A complete refurbishment to the external fabric of Commerce House
- The creation of an enhanced gateway entrance to the shopping centre, appropriate to a modern shopping environment
- A design that is complimentary to the heritage of Letchworth
Demolition of 23-25 Leys Avenue and WHSmith store. Utility diversion works.
Design and Pre-construction
Preparation of construction drawings and specifications. Submissions of Building Control Applications.
January 2019 – March 2020
Removal of Commerce House roof, erection of new building adjacent to Esquires (block A) and erection of new building adjacent to WHSmith (block C).
Ground works including excavation, pouring foundations and erecting concrete frame. New utility connections installed.
Commissioning and Handover
Practical completion of all three blocks achieved. Handover of retail units and apartments above to new tenants.
Removal of site hoarding, scaffolding, crane and all construction accommodation and welfare facilities.
Timeline for indicative purposes only. Any deviations to the timeline will be highlighted to tenants at the earliest opportunity.